Windows 8.1 Pro is the current version of Microsoft’s operating system for 32 and 64-bit computers, and completely in English. Windows 8.1 is the Pro version for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets (called Windows RT), and media centers. Its user interface has been modified to make it more suitable for use with touch screens, in addition to the traditional mouse and keyboard.
Some of the Features Included in Windows 8.1 Pro are:
- BitLocker and BitLocker To Go: These features provide data encryption for drives, ensuring that sensitive data remains secure.
- Remote Desktop Connection: This feature allows users to access their computers from a remote location, making it easy to work from anywhere.
- Client Hyper-V: This feature allows users to run virtual machines on their computers, allowing them to test software or run multiple operating systems simultaneously.
- Windows Media Center: This feature provides users with a central location for accessing and managing all their media content, including TV shows, movies, and music.
- Windows Update for Business: This feature allows users to manage updates and patches for their devices, ensuring that they remain secure and up-to-date.
Faster Boot Up:
The Start button returned to the desktop, tap or click to Start. If you prefer, you can go directly to the desktop when you sign in, or use the same wallpaper for both your desktop and Start. Plus, you can see all your apps at once in the new all apps view.
New Start Button
Complaints from many users have caused Microsoft to return a Start button to Windows 8.1 , after having hidden it in Windows 8. Clicking on it takes you to the new Desktop. To see the options of the Start menu you have to click on it with the RIGHT button.
Easier Access To Your Programs
On the Desktop of Windows 8.1 there is a new arrow-shaped button at the bottom left. Clicking on it gives direct access to other programs and apps. What is called the Applications view, which includes a search engine to locate them on your PC.
Always Have Your Files
Automatically save documents, photos, and other files to SkyDrive so you can access them anywhere, even on another device. And they will be safe if something happens to your team.
Synchronization Between PCs
Just log in to another PC using the same Windows Live ID (Microsoft account) to display the apps on your Desktop, organized and with the same appearance as you have defined on your PC.
If you want to run Windows 8.1 Pro on your PC, here’s what you need.
- Processor: 1 Gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (learn more)
- RAM: 1 Gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard Disk Space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: Microsoft DirectX 9 with WDDM driver
Windows 8.1 Product Keys: